UPDATE 12.06.2017: PROGRESS:
Over the last few weeks I made some major progress, the mechs have now proper texture, the AI is working, graphic quality improved by a ton and so much more, but see for yourself:
Looks better, right?
However, I had to remove the old demo because it's just way too outdated and doesn't represent the game anymore.
Anyway current goals are:
- Add color customization
- Finish Melee Combat
- Add Combat Skills
UPDATE 06.03.2017: Bad News:
I started working on too many things and now real life is interfering with my dev time, so right now a lot of stuff is unfinished/broken. This means that there won't be a demo in the next few days, like I promised in the last update.
Stuff I am working on:
- New and improved player model for additional mobility+graphic quality
- Melee attacks, 1-hand and 2 hand weapons
- Counter-Attacks(melee attack when your enemy is attacking to block his attack)
- Animations in general
- Enemy Pilot AI, so there can be proper duels against other Pilots
- Refactoring old code
- Asset creation
I am not too sure when the next demo will be out. Maybe I'll try to release it in April or wait one month more so it's nice and polished for DemoDay 14.
Sorry for taking so long.
UPDATE 12.01.2017: What's next:
- Next Demo will be out in around 2 month
- Main focus till then is to create new/better assets(levels, enemies, etc)...
- ...and refactor some of the awful spaghetti code
- Also, the controls and the way the mech handles will be reworked
- Feature-wise this demo gets already pretty close to the finished game, so I probably won't be adding anything big(new weapon types excluded)
UPDATE 10.01.2017: Demo updated
- fixed several annoying bugs
- 3x rewards for less grinding
- refactored the player controller, should work better on low FPS now
- added weapon upgrades, screw balance